“In a packed agenda we discussed the project in detail – we’ll be blogging the minutes soon.
“We also approved the project plan and discussed the hypothesis in some detail – look out for our first blog on that soon too! We are now working on getting the focus group questions out to everyone in the next few days.”
The original project hypothesis bears repeating here: if we can prove that it stands up, it’s obviously of some significance to libraries in UKHE.
There is a statistically significant correlation across a number of universities between library activity data and student attainment.
N.B. that’s the first and ‘official’ version of the hypothesis, taken from the project proposal. The language may be tightened up a little bit in the final project plan – i.e. what do we mean by “student attainment” – what measurement of attainment are we taking? (It’s degree classification, btw.)
- University of Huddersfield
- University of Bradford
- De Montfort University
- University of Exeter
- University of Lincoln
- Liverpool John Moores University
- University of Salford
- Teesside University
- Project blog: http://library.hud.ac.uk/blogs/projects/lidp/
- TwapperKeeper #lidp hashtag archive: http://twapperkeeper.com/hashtag/lidp
- JISC Activity Data Projects: http://www.jisc.ac.uk/whatwedo/programmes/inf11/activitydata.aspx