Joss Winn has blogged this morning about a signficant milestone in the Orbital project. Today we released Orbital v0.1, and, from today, invited researchers at the University of Lincoln have access to an alpha ‘minimum viable product‘ environment for managing their research data.
For the time being, sign-in access to Orbital (http://orbital.lincoln.ac.uk/) is restricted to invited individuals only.
Orbital v0.1 allows a researcher to:
- sign in using their University of Lincoln credentials
- create and describe a project
- upload their data to the project
- choose a license for the data
- add a Google Analytics code to measure project analytics
- published data at a persistent URI (id.lincoln.ac.uk)
- leave feedback on the Orbital application
You can read more about this first release on the Orbital blog. We’ve also written a basic development roadmap for Orbital which gives an idea of the kind of features you should see becoming available between now and Christmas 2012.