The version of RefWorks’ Write-N-Cite utility which will shortly be installed on the Library’s cloud desktop computers is version III. A newer version, IV, is available (and is the default RefWorks download option), but users may prefer to use the same version as is available on the student desktop for now.
Here’s how to download version III onto your own computer:
- Log in to RefWorks via the Library website. (If you are using a Windows PC with Internet Explorer, you may need to add the word “network\” in front of your username – e.g. network\10105432 )
- Go to the Tools menu and select Write-N-Cite.
- In the Write-N-Cite window which appears, ignore the green “Download Now” button and click on the link to “Previous Versions”.
- Look underneath the text about Write-N-Cite III for Windows and click on the “Download” link.
- This will download an .exe file to your PC’s file downloads folder. Run it and Write-N-Cite III will be installed.
- If you have any questions, please email: RefWorks@lincoln.ac.uk