I’m slightly excited because we’ve had what I think is our first “real world” student query about how to do something specific in our new search/discovery service, Find it at Lincoln.
Here’s how to use Find it at Lincoln to look for student dissertations and theses that are held in our library collections, matching a particular subject.
- Go to the Library’s website at: http://library.lincoln.ac.uk/
- In the Find it at Lincoln search box (top right), enter your subject search term – e.g. engineering
- Find it at Lincoln will return more than 22 million results(!) for this single word. To narrow the search down to dissertations, look in the bottom left-hand corner of the Find it at Lincoln screen for the “Location” options.
- Open up the “Location” options. Tick the box marked “Dissertations (All Campuses)“, and hit “Update”.
- Find it at Lincoln will narrow the search down to only dissertations/theses in our collection matching the search term “engineering” – 10 results. You can click on the title of an individual search result to see the details, and to check the location/availability of the dissertation (N.B. in the University Library, dissertations are held in the “Presentations/Reservations/Dissertations” area on the ground floor).