There’s a problem with a small number of e-book URLs in our library catalogue (held in MARC records, field 856$u, for some—but not all—e-books from Coutts MyiLibrary). For complex historical reasons, the normal URL, e.g.:
Has been percent-encoded like this:
We’re working to eradicate these unnecessarily-encoded URLs from the catalogue. In the meantime, here’s a temporary fix.
- Import the record into the reading lists system as normal using the bookmarklet.
- Before you click on “Create”, copy the e-book URL from the “Web address” field.
- Go to this website: http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/dencoder/
- Paste the URL you copied into the large box on the screen, and hit “Decode”.
- Copy-and-paste the normal, decoded URL back into the reading lists system.
- Click on “Create” as normal and the e-book will be added to “My Bookmarks”.