N.B. this payment service is not yet live! I’m using this blog post to work out the instructions, in advance of launching the next phase of our Talis Keystone-powered Blackboard widget for online library payments. Are these instructions clear? How could they be improved upon?
To pay your library fine online via Blackboard, using a credit or debit card:
- Log in to Blackboard at: http://blackboard.lincoln.ac.uk/
- Check the current balance displayed under ‘My Library Account’, and click ‘Pay now’.
- For online payments a minimum outstanding balance is £2.00 is required. For smaller payments please visit the Library.
- Please be aware that part-payment of fines is not possible using this online system.
- If you have any questions about your library account, please contact the Library.
- Fill in the Online Payments form (‘University Library Fines – Step 1 of 3‘) with the details of your payment card, along with the cardholder’s address details – then click ‘Next’.
- On the next screen (‘University Library Fines – Step 2 of 3‘), review the card and address details you have entered. If the details are correct, click ‘Make Payment’.
- Depending on your payment card, you may be asked to carry out additional online verification at this point.
- If your payment is successful, you will see a Payment Receipt screen (‘University Library Fines – Step 3 of 3‘). Please make a note of the University receipt number, in case you need to make a query about this payment. We will also send you an email receipt.
- Click ‘Finish’ to return to Blackboard. Your library account balance should now read ‘£0.00‘.
Please contact the Library if you have any questions!
Again: this payment service is not yet live!